DJs tend to use some rather bulky equipment to ensure that you get the music that you love at every party, and lugging around such equipment might not be the easiest thing to do. Now a multi-touch enabled setup built by Gregory Kaufman might be able to help out with that, as it uses a gesture-based interface that allows the user to operate virtual turntables and use a variety of taps and swipes in order to perform the main functions expected of a standard DJ deck. If this idea catches on, users will only need to carry a flash drive with their own music and settings, and just plug it into the multi-touch table at the club/party. This system would also be able to accommodate regular DJ gear in order to expand its capabilities. Check out a video of this in action after the jump.
- Yahoo Mail Was Down Due To A Hardware Problem
- Remaining UK Blockbuster Stores To Shut Down
- Ex-Napster Executive Killed In Cycling Accident Involving Police Car
- Mars One Intends To Launch Unmanned Mars Lander In 5 Years’ Time
- National Library Of Norway To Digitize Its Entire Collection Of Books And Materials
- Seen at: engadget