DJs tend to use some rather bulky equipment to ensure that you get the music that you love at every party, and lugging around such equipment might not be the easiest thing to do. Now a multi-touch enabled setup built by Gregory Kaufman might be able to help out with that, as it uses a gesture-based interface that allows the user to operate virtual turntables and use a variety of taps and swipes in order to perform the main functions expected of a standard DJ deck. If this idea catches on, users will only need to carry a flash drive with their own music and settings, and just plug it into the multi-touch table at the club/party. This system would also be able to accommodate regular DJ gear in order to expand its capabilities. Check out a video of this in action after the jump.
Next Story: No Net Neutrality for Wireless Networks?
- 2014-04-22: Steve Jobs Might Be Portrayed By Leonardo DiCaprio
- 2014-04-21: Samsung Innovation Museum Opens In South Korea
- 2014-04-20: Microsoft Holograph Technology Ushers In The Future
- 2014-04-20: Samsung.com Down Because Of Samsung Building Fire
- 2014-04-20: Boat In Apple Maps Thought To Be Nessie At First