One of the costlier parts in electric cars would be its battery pack, and we bring you good tidings of a new form of battery technology which could potentially reduce an electric car battery back cost by up to a whopping 85%. This breakthrough would definitely be welcome by all, as it can also be translated to other devices such as consumer electronics and the ilk. Imagine your notebook running for a few days before requiring a trip to the nearest power outlet. This new battery technology has been dubbed 24M, where it comprises of a semisolid energy storage device while relying on the best attributes of conventional batteries, fuel cells, and flow batteries. It is hoped that this new battery will see action in the next five years. The sooner the better, we say. After all, don’t you want to save up to $10,000 in your next electric vehicle purchase?
Next Story: MSI FX400 notebook ready to rock
- 2014-04-01: EneBrick Mobile Rechargeable Battery Offers Versatility
- 2014-03-25: Sick? How About Snacking On Some Batteries?
- 2014-03-24: BatteryBox Offers New Lease Of Life For Drained Devices
- 2014-01-17: HyperJuice Battery Extends MacBook Run Time By Another 53 Hours
- 2013-12-03: Copenhagen Wheel Assists Cyclists Through Its Rechargeable Battery
- 2013-02-15: Moveo Electric Scooter Is Foldable, No Parking Spot Required
- 2012-08-15: New car battery charges in "minutes"
- 2011-12-22: Kia Ray EV announced
- 2011-08-04: Electric car battery replacements do not come cheap
- 2010-07-05: JFE Engineering reveals quick battery chargers for electric vehicles