Remember the Nikon Coolpix cameras leaked by the German magazine recently? Seems like they were right on the money, as Nikon has officially announced the Coolpix S1100pj and the S5100 compact cameras. The former is rather attractive, as it’s an improvement on the previous S1000pj and sports a brighter built-in projector rated at 14 lumens. The S1100pj is also capable of beaming images from your laptop via USB, turning into some kind of pico projector. The camera also sports a 3-inch touchscreen, 14-megapixel sensor that supports 720p video recording, ISO 6400, 5x optical zoom, face/smile/blink detection, and will be available in a bunch of colors, priced at $349. You’ll be able to drop your hard-earned cash for this camera in September.
The Coolpix S5100 is less exciting, and sports a 12.1-megapixel sensor that supports ISO 3200 sensitivity and 720p video recording. 5x optical zoom and four-way image stabilization is also included. It’s priced rather attractively at $179, so that might be an interesting selling point.
Next Story: Fujifilm Finepix Real 3D W3 launched
- 2014-03-18: Smart Phone Projector Looks Corny But Works As Intended
- 2014-01-09: Sony Ultra Short Throw Projector: Hands-On
- 2013-10-07: Piano Projector Makes Learning How To Play As Easy As Rock Band
- 2013-09-26: Sony Announces New Projectors At CEDIA 2013
- 2013-09-05: Nikon Coolpix P7800, S02 Cameras And LD-1000 LED Movie Light Announced
- 2013-08-16: EPICT EPP-100 Projector Is Android-Powered
- 2013-01-29: Nikon Coolpix S5200 Picks Up FCC Approval
- 2013-01-29: Nikon Coolpix S9500 Is A Compact Camera With A Powerful 12X Zoom
- 2013-01-29: Nikon's Coolpix P520 Camera Boasts 42X Optical Zoom Lens
- 2013-01-29: Nikon Coolpix AW110/AW110s Are Hardy Shooters