OmniVision’s latest OV9740 CMOS sensor is pretty special, especially when you consider that this camera sensor will work in tandem with the processor for quality video recording purposes. The OV9740′s CMOS sensor comes with a 720p maximum resolution, where it will also process the entire photo or video on the chip to provide you with the chance to get that money shot even when you’re under low light conditions. Currently, test samples are made available to companies using them, and mass production should occur in a month’s time. No wonder the iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 (both of which feature an OmniVision sensor within) are able to shoot more than decent images and video without missing a beat.
Next Story: Clearwire announces Rover Puck service
- ASUS PQ321 4K 31.5-Inch Monitor Available For Pre-Order For $3,500
- Google Releases Google+ Photos App For Chromebook Pixel
- Polycom New Solutions: RealPresence CloudAxis, New User Interface, RealPresence Desktop 2.0, Virtual Edge Executive Desktop
- iPhoto '12 for Mac could be arriving this summer and rumored to bring over some iOS features
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 now available