Palm Pre owners who always believed that their little smartphone could perform a whole lot faster will be justified with news of the humble Pre being overclocked and pushed beyond the 1GHz mark, thanks to UberKernel for the Palm Pre. When you apply the UberKernel patch, the Palm Pre’s processor can keep up with the hugely popular Qualcomm Snapdragon processor that sees action in a myriad of Android devices, Samsung’s Hummingbird processor and Apple’s A4 CPU. Not idea on whether the operating system will be able to have enough legs to keep up with such speed though. Needless to say, any overclocking to your standard device will most probably void your warranty with the risk of bricking it, so try it at your own peril.
Next Story: Sprint Epic 4G user guide goes live
- 2014-01-23: Qualcomm Buys Palm and IPAQ Patents
- 2013-02-25: LG Acquires webOS From HP For Use In Smart TVs
- 2012-04-18: Oracle considered buying RIM or Palm at some point
- 2012-01-29: Rubinstein bids HP goodbye
- 2011-12-09: webOS 2.2.4 update rolling out to Pre 2 phones
- 2009-12-19: Palm Pre For $0 on Bell Canada?
- 2009-12-28: Sprint to get webOS 1.3.5 real soon
- 2010-01-07: Palm Press Conference Wrap-Up
- 2010-03-15: Palm Pre overclocked
- 2010-06-28: Palm Pre overclocked to 1GHz mark