If you’re cheap enough not to hire pallbearers for those who already have a burial plot when you die, how about keeping your fingers crossed that you’ll live long enough for the self-burying coffin to be a reality? A patent for this has already been filed by Donald Scruggs, who is an inventor from California. You could say that this is the perfect coffin to go as it will do away with all the sweat and energy that others have to expend just to make sure your final resting place lies deep below the earth. Since it will “drill” itself downwards, this ought to make cemetries much more spacious than they are at the moment. Of course, if space is your main concern, chances are you would have taken the cremation route.
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Microsoft Patents Kinect-like Feature For Future Smartphones/Tablets
- 2014-04-15 Samsung Patent Reveals Earphone With Heads Up Display
- 2014-04-10 Samsung Intends To Trademark Gear Now And Gear Solo In The US
- 2014-04-01 Apple Patent Describes iPhone With Bayonet Camera Lens Mount