A developer from the National Taiwan University recently announced that they have come up with their very own pico projector lamp, where you will find a pico projector and a camera mounted into a lamp socket – allowing it to be powered by any standard lamp at home. The projector itself will display an image onto the surface of a desk, leaving the camera to track specific objects alongside hand gestures. Not only that, the desk itself comes with pressure sensors which is capable of figuring out just how hard the user is pressing. Expect this new system to keep up with the times, being capable of displaying 3D content as well as multiple displays on different screens. In layman’s terms, imagine having a map being shown on your desk, while a 3D graphic of specific buildings is projected onto a card held under the lamp. Its developer is currently looking into applying this in military pursuits – how about us civilians?
- 2013-09-24 iPhone Dock Concept Turns Your Phone Into A Bedside Lamp
- 2013-05-16 Clyde LED Desk Lamp Powered By Arduino
- 2013-05-09 Satechi's Touch USB LED Lamp Illuminates Your Empty Bottles
- 2013-04-12 Sound-Absorbing Lamp Will Help Silence Your Home While Lighting It Up
- 2013-04-11 AAXA Technologies Unveils P2 Jr Pico Projector
- 2013-03-25 3D Printed GlaDOS Arm Lamp May Or May Not Kill You As You Sleep