Skype has plans to raise up $100 million in an initial public offering (IPO), where American depositary shares will be offered even though the company’s headquarters will remain in Luxembourg, which is in Europe. Skype has performed extremely well since it was sold by EBay in September last year, generating over $406 million in sales from its 560 million registered users. This figure is an increase of 41% from the previous year. According to Skype, an IPO will help it perform better, and shareholders might salivate at the projected $1 billion in revenue by Skype when 2011 is over.
Next Story: Oman will not ban BlackBerry services
- 2014-04-14: Voxeet 2.0 with Dial-in Support and Voxeet for Mac - Review
- 2014-04-10: Skype For Xbox One Getting Update Next Week
- 2014-04-08: Skype For Modern Windows 2.7 Introduces New Features
- 2014-04-02: Skype For Windows Phone 8.1, Windows 8.1 Announced
- 2014-04-01: Skype Could Feature New Chat UI For Windows Desktop