The Dash Personal Internet Viewer that occupies no man’s land in the world of consumer electronics has just received a new firmware update from Sony. What are the advantages of this? Well, it will add AOL’s freeShoutcast Internet radio service to this device, which means any of the Shoutcast stations can be used in tandem with the device’s clock radio feature. Apart from that, the update also comes with a shortcut to a thumbnail gallery, delivering faster access to apps installed on the user’s personal channel. Installation of the update happens automatically whenever the Dash is restarted, and you can do so by unplugging it for a while before plugging it in again. Anyone given this update a go?
Next Story: Sony to out new Reader devices in due time
- 2014-04-24 Mark Zuckerberg Tried Out Sony's Project Morpheus Before Acquiring Oculus VR
- 2014-04-24 Sony Brings Its Background Defocus Camera App Onto Google Play
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2013-11-19 PS4 System Software Update 1.51 On Its Way
- 2013-04-05 God of War: Ascension 1.0.4 Update Raises Level Cap, Spartan-Kicks Bugs
- 2011-12-01 Sony Bravia firmware updated with Twitter, YouTube HD and Facebook support
- 2011-09-19 PS3 3.72 system software update coming your way
- 2011-08-10 PlayStation 3 3.7 firmware coming soon