Electrical components in general might not be that interesting news, but Sony’s development of a single wire interface technology is rather interesting. The new design replaces the 20-odd cables that are usually found inside mobile phones that provide power, control signals, audio, video and others with a single copper wire that is capable of handling data at 940Mbps. Such a design should offer greater reliability in the long term and also gives Sony’s design team much more flexibility when designing products, since it won’t have to allocate as much space as it usually does. Sony is planning to swiftly implement the technology, which we hope means that we’ll be getting more cool-looking products in the near future.
Next Story: Concept: Transparent Universal Translator
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2013-05-17: Sony XPERIA Z Tablet With Stock Android And Unlocked, For Development