Steampunk gadgets always look good, but what happens when you pair up a Steampunk-themed globe with Apple’s iPad? The Electromagnetic Geospacial Globe and Remote View with Obligatory Goggles is a rather cool setup, as it uses RFID tags that are attached to the surface of the globe to control the Google Earth app on the iPad, allowing users to navigate Google Earth using the external physical control, making the whole setup really cool. It’s still very much a work in progress, and the goggles don’t do anything just yet, but you can check out a video of this in action after the jump.
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"
- 2010-06-14: Google Earth Now Offers Native iPad Support