Verizon thinks that 3D television is going to be old hat pretty soon if they have their way – after all, Cisco is predicting that in a decade’s time, holograms over IP will be the next big thing, finally entering mainstream consciousness while relegating 3D television to the role of a has-been. Verizon has already been conducting experiments with the technology over its FiOS network, with CIO Officer Shaygan Kheradpir testing a 1Gbps link in his home on the Upper East Side of Manhattan when dealing with aforementioned experiments. Of course, it will take a whole lot more time, effort and education before such a connection becomes commonplace throughout the country, so you need not lose sleep over whether to purchase that extra pair of 3D glasses or not.RELATED
- Polycom RealPresence in the new Anybots Q(X) Virtual Presence
- Is Google Replacing Gallery On Android With The Photos App?
- Limited Edition 24k Gold Nikon FA Spotted On eBay For $12,000
- Newer Canon EOS M Expected In Second Half Of 2014
- Sony RX10 Photo and Video Samples
- Follow: hologram, tv, Verizon,
- Seen at: engadget