The folks over at Foursquare might have something to worry about, as Facebook has begun to send out invitations for a news event at its Silicon Valley HQ this Wednesday. While it wasn’t explicitly mentioned what the event will be about, the smart money is on the announcement of Facebook’s own geolocation offering that will challenge Foursquare. Whether such an announcement will make a dent in Foursquare’s popularity or not is another issue, but it’s certainly something that Foursquare, and even Google, will be keeping an eye on.
Next Story: Nintendo 3DS Game Pricing Revealed?
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-14: Facebook Reportedly Working On An E-Money Service
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam
- 2014-04-10: FTC Clears Facebook/WhatsApp Deal, Must Honor Privacy Obligations
- 2014-04-09: Facebook To Remove In-App Messaging, Forces Users To Download Messenger App
- 2014-03-25: Instagram Tests Facebook Places Integration
- 2012-05-10: Bing New Architecture: Introducing Snapshot and Social Sidebar
- 2012-02-29: Check in while having safe sex