Amazon intends to steal Apple’s thunder when it comes to the fruity company’s 99-cent iTunes TV rentals, since Amazon will be delivering their own 99-cent Amazon VOD rentals as well. Similar in some ways to Apple’s plans, Amazon will rely on ABC and Fox networks to deliver the goods, although there are concerns that the online retailer’s inability to rival iTunes in the long run. While Amazon VOD is able to play on the web and on multiple set-top boxes similar to the TiVo, only selected shows are in HD, whereas those in the Apple camp will be able to enjoy 720p quality. Which side are you on?
Next Story: FCC takes a look at LG E900 and LG E720
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Amazon Smartphone Spotted
- 2014-04-13: Amazon Working On Eighth Generation Of Delivery Drones
- 2014-04-13: Fire TV Sells Out Due To High Demand, Unit Sales Figures Not Disclosed
- 2014-04-10: Amazon Appstore Surpasses 200k Apps Milestone