AMD has another ace up its sleeve – the ATI FirePro V9800 which is the latest workstation-class graphics card from the silicon company. It will feature a whopping 4GB of GDDR5 RAM as well as 1,600 stream processors, delivering maximum resolutions of 2,560×1,600 at 60Hz. This is clearly the next step up from the FirePro V8800, what with the doubling of RAM and improvements in power and efficiency to help it run faster without overheating. A half dozen Mini DisplayPort outputs, support for DirectX 11, OpenGL 4.0 and ATI CrossFire Pro, a 256-bit memory interface and 25W power consumption rounds off the list of features. You’ve got to dig deep though as this card retails for $3,499.
Next Story: NOOK For Android Updated To Version 2.2
- 2013-09-25: AMD Radeon R9 And R7 Graphics Cards Revealed
- 2013-06-11: 5GHz AMD Chip Is First Commercially Available CPU
- 2013-06-05: AMD Now Adopts Android And Chrome OS
- 2013-05-23: AMD Exec Believes Hybrid Devices Are The Future
- 2013-05-15: Radeon HD 8970M Is AMD's Fastest Mobile GPU
- 2012-02-24: AMD was interested in acquiring NVIDIA before ATI?
- 2010-08-27: Catalyst 10.8 leaks out Southern Islands codenames
- 2010-08-30: AMD Gets Rid of ATI Branding