While Samsung is taking on the tablet battlefront in the U.S. with its rumored Galaxy Tab carrier deals with Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T, Apple may be targeting the Chinese market with its iPad tablet. Apple has confirmed that the iPad will be launching in China this Friday, though the company will only bring the WiFi-enabled version to China and not the WiFi + 3G edition of the iPad. Additionally, there is speculation that retailer Target may soon be offering the iPad for sale on its shelves beginning October 3rd, though this is unconfirmed. An iPad placement at Target would also serve to heat the e-reader war, of which the iPad is a huge player, and Target will act as a battleground between Amazon with its Kindle and Apple with its iPad.
- Apple Reportedly Speeds Up Hiring In Asia To Expedite Product Launches
- 8 Megapixel iPhone 6 Camera With f/2.0 Aperture And OIS Rumored
- iPhone 5s Retains Consumer Interest As iPhone 5c Struggles
- Apple Announces CarPlay, Integrates iOS Into Vehicles
- Apple Reportedly Pressuring Music Labels For Exclusive Releases