Apple has been busy improving the imaging capabilities of its devices, as evidenced by the improved camera on the iPhone 4 and the inclusion of a camera on the iPod touch. Now a patent application has surfaced detailing a new system that uses a flash redirector and imaging sensors that focus on scene conditions in order to get a better picture. The patent also offers the possibility that the new flash system could eventually be integrated into Apple’s iMac and MacBook lineups, maybe even a digital camera?
- 2014-04-10: Samsung Intends To Trademark Gear Now And Gear Solo In The US
- 2014-04-01: Apple Patent Describes iPhone With Bayonet Camera Lens Mount
- 2014-03-27: Apple Looks At Possible iPad Smart Case With Integrated Multitouch Keyboard
- 2014-03-27: Transparent Texting Patent Granted To Apple
- 2014-03-21: Lenovo Spends $100 Million Acquiring New Patents And Licenses
- 2012-12-26: iPod Touch Design Patent Awarded
- 2011-11-07: Panorama mode discovered in iOS 5
- 2009-11-22: iPod touch to get camera in spring?