ARM has announced a new Cortex A15 MPCore processor that will allow devices to run at speeds up to 2.5GHz. It’s designed to be used in tablet, large-screen portable devices, not to mention mobile phones. It’s claimed that this processor is capable of pumping out five times the performance of today’s smartphone processors without affecting battery consumption. The improved numeric crunching ability will offer better functionality for 3D navigation, augmented reality, high speed internet connections and HD video recording.
Next Story: Apple Newton iPhone Casemod
- 2014-02-23: Snapdragon 610, 615: Up To Octo-Core Snapdragon
- 2014-02-23: What is The Snapdragon 801 Processor?
- 2014-02-23: Mediatek MT6732 Processor For The Mid-Range Market
- 2014-02-21: Movidius Myriad 1 Vision Processor Powers Google’s Tango
- 2013-08-02: Are More Cores, Better?
- 2011-10-26: ARM Cortex A15, Alive
- 2011-10-19: ARM Cortex A7: A Handy Companion Processor
- 2011-09-29: N5Zero is a 5" budget Android tablet