The Boxee Box has just been slapped with a $199 price point, and while it will cost an additional Benjamin over the recently announced Apple TV 2, Boxee defends itself by touting that consumers really want the additional features which comes built-in. Oh really, perhaps we will just have to wait and see whether the sales figures reflect such insight, or is it just a marketing ploy? Perhaps in these economically challenging times, doing with the bare necessities might be just right for ordinary folks, only to expand their “wants” into “needs” territory when the economy picks up. Good thing the US has withdrawn from Iraq, eh, that ought to save the country a whole bundle of cash.
Next Story: Creative T12 wireless speaker system
- 2013-07-03: Samsung Confirms Boxee Acquisition
- 2013-07-03: Rumor: Samsung Purchased Boxee For Under $30 Million
- 2013-04-09: Boxee Box Rebranded To Cloud DVR
- 2012-10-26: Is Boxee Giving Away Free Boxee TVs?
- 2012-10-16: Boxee's Cloud DVR may convince you to ditch cable
- 2011-12-27: Boxee 1.5 update on the way
- 2009-11-12: Boxee Box in the works