Don’t think your car is cool enough to show off to your friend? If you’re good with electronics, perhaps you could install an Asus Eee PC into your car, just like what this person did. An Eee PC 900A was hooked up to a Volvo, becoming an in-dash computer that is capable of monitoring two pressure sensors for boost and vacuum, as well as reading RPM, O2, and the exhaust directly. A touch interface was installed to control the netbook, but the most interesting feature will be that users are required to enter a PIN just to start the ignition, ensuring you your car is a little harder to steal than most. Check out a video of this system after the jump.
- Repo Robot Takes A Ride With You
- FAA Advisory Panel Approves The Use Of Personal Electronics On Planes
- Bing Maps Spots Prototype Russian Fighter Jet
- Boeing 787 Conjures More Than 500GB Of Data Per Flight
- FCC Asks FAA To Allow The Use Of Electronic Devices During Flights
- Follow: car, computer, eee, eee pc,
- Seen at: hackaday