Police in Hampshire, England are asking citizens to be on the lookout for a suspected burglar that doesn’t sport neon-green hair. If that sounds weird to you, the picture to the right probably just makes you wonder what’s going on. Turns out that the software that the police used to generate the E-FIT (Electronic Facial Identification Technique) ran into a little glitch and caused the image of the suspect to come out with bright green hair, though it has been stressed that the facial features remain correct, so you’ll probably have to ignore the hair. Funnily enough, with all the warnings to ignore the green hair going around, perhaps the burglar could be able to get away if he did actually dye his hair green.
- 2014-03-14: Police Experimenting With Wearable Cameras
- 2013-06-17: States Photo ID Databases Widely Used By Law Enforcement
- 2013-05-12: Police Demands Apple To Decrypt iPhones
- 2013-04-15: Robot Scouts Area For Danger Before Police Officers Do
- 2013-04-12: New York Police Get Help From Android Smartphones