We already suspected that Apple would be introducing a 99-cent TV rental service on iTunes in its upcoming announcement, and now word is going around that two major Hollywood studios have signed up for the deal, namely Fox and Disney. That being said, apparently the deal might be for a short period of time only, and Fox has only agreed to the lower price only for broadcast shows that it both produces and airs. Some executives are apparently worried that 99-cent episode rentals will cut into the lucrative DVD sales and pull viewers away from watching network TV, eroding a $20 billion advertising market. Whatever rumors are going around at the moment, we’ll be able to give you the full details really soon, so stay tuned!
- 2014-04-11: High Definition Audio Files Coming To iTunes In June [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Major iTunes Music Store Revamp Possible
- 2014-04-03: Apple App Prices Raised Already By Up To 30% In Australia
- 2014-04-01: Nintendo 3DS XL Gets Disney Magical World Edition
- 2014-03-31: iTunes Radio Explicit Filter Not Quite Up To Scratch
- 2014-03-23: 2007 Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl OST Hits iTunes