The Android 2.2 Froyo update for the Droid X has been ready to go for some time now, and new evidence has surfaced confirming that the Froyo update will be available at 12pm EST. You won’t even need to wait for Verizon to push the update to your phone, as you can initiate the download by going to Menu>Settings>About phone>System updates. Benefits of the Android 2.2 for the Droid X include:
- Improved browsing with Flash 10.1 for Android
- Easy switching between the 8 most recently used apps
- VZ Navigator application
- Improvements to Google Maps performance
- Automatic app updates
Update: Yes, true to form, the update is already out right on the dot with some users of the Droid X already having upgraded their device to Android 2.2 Froyo. Good job, Verizon!
- 2014-04-18: Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2011-05-03: ViewSonic ViewPad 10 gets Android update
- 2011-04-12: New Motorola Droid X Gingerbread update leaked
- 2011-03-09: Droid X 2 is just a minor update?
- 2010-07-26: Android 2.2 FroYo To Hit The Verizon Droid X, Incredible, And Droid Next Week?
- 2010-12-08: Certain Droid X and Droid received Android 2.2.1 updates