The FCC have taken the Zelfy Peel out for a spin, and if it ever gets approved, you might actually be able to use your iPhone as a remote control for your TV then. After all, Zelfy’s site does feature an image of a woman who is using her iPhone to control a TV in her living room. The “Peel” has a central component known as the “Peel Fruit,” where the latter is a tiny, battery-powered sphere of an IR blaster which will hook up to your home’s network router. Proper hardware is useless without adequate software, which is why you will also need to download the Peel app onto the iPhone (or iPod touch) while enjoying Fruit control via Wi-Fi. Hopefully the FCC will approve this sooner rather than later.
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Galaxy Note Pro Gets FCC Approval
- 2014-04-13 Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom (K Zoom) Hits The FCC
- 2014-04-11 Oppo R1 Drops By The FCC
- 2014-04-04 HP Slate 8 Pro 7650 Appears At The FCC
- 2014-04-03 Sony Xperia Z2 Compact Might Have Received FCC Approval Already