With Opera Mini already happily residing on many iPhones around the world, the road should be paved for Mozilla’s Firefox to arrive on the iPhone, but developers over at Mozilla have (unfortunately) confirmed that there will not be a version of Firefox for the iPhone, and will instead be relying on Firefox Home to bring the Firefox experience to Apple’s iOS device. According to them, technical and logistical restrictions make it difficult, if not impossible, to build the full Firefox browser for the iPhone. Bad news, but fortunately you still have Opera Mini as an alternative browser to Safari.
Next Story: Google Chromium OS Running On The iPad?
- 2014-04-13: Possible iPhone 6 Production Tools And Schematics Spotted [Rumor]
- 2014-04-13: Apple Might Consider NFC For Next Generation iPhone
- 2014-04-11: Leaked iPhone Cases Reveal New Button Cut Outs
- 2014-04-10: Analyst: iPhone 6 Sleep/Wake Button Could Be Relocated
- 2014-04-10: Firefox OS 2.0 Begins To Take Shape
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Recent Broadcom Hires Corroborates In-House Baseband Rumors
- 2014-03-19: Former Firefox Developer Explains Mozilla's Decision To Drop Its Modern UI Project
- 2014-03-19: Firefox Powers Better In-Browser Games At GDC14