Having the best offense could be the greatest defense option of a country, and the boffins at DARPA have decided that the Transformer project could usher in the future. This unique project is meant to be an amalgamation of a helicopter, plane and armored truck, all rolled into one and interchangeable, depending on the situation. While the Transformer is capable of transporting a quartet of soldiers on the road as a car, it will also feature rotor blades at the top, allowing it to take off vertically into the air when the situation calls for it. The takeoff functions are supposed to be automated, so those riding it won’t need to have aviation background to sit in one. Why not bring things one step forward – we’re talking about robotic drones as featured in the Star Wars saga.
- 2014-02-16: Transformers: Rise Of The Dark Spark Video Game Is Official
- 2014-02-05: DARPA Taps IBM To Develop Self Destructing Chips
- 2014-01-06: ASUS Transformer Book Duet Announced, Dual Boot Windows 8 + Android
- 2013-10-17: Atlas Robot Breaks Ankle Upon Debut
- 2013-10-14: DARPA Wants Cheap Mind Reading Headset Developed
- 2013-09-12: DARPA Hydra Project Is An Unmanned Vehicle Network
- 2013-08-28: DARPA Warrior Web Suit Project