The VoIP game is heating up. We already know of SkypeOut that allows Skype users to make landline calls and now fring has joined the party with the announcement of its fringOut service that also allows users to make phone calls to land line and cell phone numbers with prices as low as 1 cent per minute. fringOut is currently available for Nokia devices running the Symbian S60 operating system and will soon be available on the iPhone and Android devices. Funnily enough, fring’s official blog lists call charges to Canada at 0.4 cents a minute, which is actually lower than a cent, but that’s probably just a typo or misunderstanding. Video promoting the fringOut service is available after the jump.
Next Story: Samsung Galaxy Tab Carrier Launch Dates Leaked?
- 2014-01-02: Nokia Kills Support For Symbian And MeeGo Apps
- 2013-10-07: Nokia To Drop Symbian And MeeGo Support At End Of 2013
- 2013-08-06: TextNow Launches VoIP Mobile Service, Plans Start At $19 Per Month
- 2013-06-12: Nokia To Make Last Shipments Of Symbian Devices This Summer
- 2013-04-24: Nokia Updates Symbian Belle Feature Pack 1 And FP 2 Phones
- 2013-01-24: RIP Symbian On Nokia