The VoIP game is heating up. We already know of SkypeOut that allows Skype users to make landline calls and now fring has joined the party with the announcement of its fringOut service that also allows users to make phone calls to land line and cell phone numbers with prices as low as 1 cent per minute. fringOut is currently available for Nokia devices running the Symbian S60 operating system and will soon be available on the iPhone and Android devices. Funnily enough, fring’s official blog lists call charges to Canada at 0.4 cents a minute, which is actually lower than a cent, but that’s probably just a typo or misunderstanding. Video promoting the fringOut service is available after the jump.
- Evernote For iOS Updated, Now Able To Scan Business Cards And Save As Contacts
- India Courts Allows Nokia To Transfer Chennai Factory Assets To Microsoft
- Cover Lock Screen App For Android Now Available For Download
- Batman Tumbler iPhone Case Comes With Built-In LED Projector
- FCC And Wireless Carriers Arrive On A Cellphone Unlocking Agreement
- Follow: symbian, voip,
- Seen at: fring