Who would have thought the day would come when a simple power strip would actually come with an embedded motion sensor? That’s what we’re talking about with the motion-sensor equipped HiSAVER power strip, where it will cut off power automatically the moment you leave the room. In order to prevent the HiSAVER from going nuts, it will just shut down its power if no motion is detected for ten minutes, where it will also include a master outlet and a second selectable outlet which can be turned on all the time if you so desire. No idea on whether this will hit the US anytime soon, but the HiSAVER will arrive in Canada first. Touted to help you save up to $50 annually on average, it would take a good three years before you recoup your investment considering the HiSAVER power strip costs $110.
- Researchers Develop Minuscule Windmills That Could Charge Our Phones
- SolarCooler Keeps Your Drinks Cold By Harnessing The Power Of The Sun
- Parce, The First Intelligent Energy-Saving Smart Device In The World
- Woosh Water Station Takes A Second Look At Drinking Fountain
- ROHM Solid Hydrogen Source Fuel Cell