HTC’s on a roll lately with a string of winners, concentrating mostly on Android-powered smartphones. Well, the company has just unveiled two more handsets in the form of the HTC Desire HD and HTC Desire Z, where both of them will have the HTC Sense UI skin over the regular Android offering, where it has been specially programmed to deliver a range of enhancements to make life a whole lot easier and intuitive where using the smartphone is concerned. The HTC Desire HD will come with an impressive 4.3-inch LCD display and Dolby Mobile and SRS virtual sound, running on a 1GHz Qualcomm 8255 Snapdragon processor while boasting 720p HD video recording, an 8-megapixel camera with dual-flash, a unibody design, and HTC Fast Boot that helps you make calls or check emails by shortening the power-up sequence. If you’re interested to know about the HTC Desire Z, more information on it is available in the extended post. [Press Release]
The HTC Desire Z will appeal to those who are more used to a physical keyboard instead of a virtual one, where it’s special ‘pop hinge’ will reveal a QWERTY keyboard, paving the way for fast, convenient typing. Not only that, it will come with a range of keyboard shortcuts and a couple of customizable keys for instant access to common functions. Other hardware specifications of this lesser smartphone would include 720p HD video recording, a 5-megapixel camera with automatic flash, the new 800MHz Qualcomm 7230 processor and HTC Fast Boot, too.
Expect both the HTC Desire HD and HTC Desire Z to hit operators and retailers in major European and Asian markets from next month onwards, while those of us living Stateside will have to hold out for the HTC Desire Z as it ships at an unannounced date before the year is over.
- 2014-04-18: HTC: Optical Zoom On Phone Cameras 18 Months Away
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2011-02-18: HTC Desire HD caught running on Android 3.0 Honeycomb
- 2011-02-17: HTC Desire to get Gingerbread update in the near future
- 2010-12-28: HTC Desire HD visits the FCC with support for North American 3G
- 2010-09-10: HTC Desire HD Render Surfaces With Windows Mobile 6.5
- 2010-10-12: HTC Desire HD And Desire Z Delayed Until Mid To End October