LaCie has just introduced its Wireless Space, which is a combination of a router and network-attached storage (NAS) device, similar to Apple’s Time Capsule. The device is capable of sharing an Internet connection over 802.11n Wi-Fi and also via Ethernet connection. The NAS is capable of serving content to other devices with DLNA or UPnP, as well as serving as an iTunes host for a device like Apple TV. The disk itself can be used as a Time Machine backup by Mac users, and it also has two USB ports at the back and one in front, allowing users to add more storage. The Wireless Space will be available in 1TB or 2TB capacities and pricing will begin at $240. Expect the LaCie Wireless Space to begin shipping in October.
- 2014-04-16 LaCie Confirms Customer Data Breach On Their Website
- 2014-04-06 LaCie Thunderbolt 2 Storage Solution Announced
- 2014-03-11 LaCie's 'World's Fastest' Portable External Drive Launched
- 2014-01-09 LaCie Culbuto USB Key Looks Very Different From The Norm
- 2014-01-05 LaCie Unveils New Little Big Disk Thunderbolt 2 Hard Drive