Now here’s something worth looking into – a lightbulb that can be recharged. Currently on parade at IFA 2010, Magic Bulb from China has come up with an LED bulb which sips a mere 4 watts of power while delivering the equivalent amount of light as a 50W bulb. What makes it all the more special is its built-in rechargeable battery that will provide enough juice for the bulb to keep on going for another 3 hours just in case you experience a blackout. Should the power outage require you to evacuate from wherever you are, just unscrew the bulb and extend its neck to turn it into an impromptu flashlight. Expect it to go on sale for around $30 to $40, with a rated lifespan of approximately 20,000 hours.
- Researchers Develop Minuscule Windmills That Could Charge Our Phones
- SolarCooler Keeps Your Drinks Cold By Harnessing The Power Of The Sun
- Parce, The First Intelligent Energy-Saving Smart Device In The World
- Woosh Water Station Takes A Second Look At Drinking Fountain
- ROHM Solid Hydrogen Source Fuel Cell