While it is pretty well known that one can’t really choose between being left- or right-handed, here’s a new development that might be able to turn one’s natural inclination otherwise. We’re talking about the Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation which currently works only on right-handers, turning them into southpaws. Initial experiments saw magnets applied to a particular part of the praid, where 33 right-handed volunteers begun to favor their left hands for smaller tasks after a while. This doesn’t mean one is able to achieve beautiful handwriting on the other hand automatically, but the tendency of using it to pick up stuff as well as press buttons increased dramatically. Talk about the seducing power of suggestion if such magnets could be applied in other aspects of life.
Next Story: Another Windows Phone 7 ROM leaked
- 2014-02-20: Apple Smart Magnet Technology Could Result In New iPad Accessories
- 2013-10-22: A Dress That Magneto Will Approve Of
- 2011-09-13: Sinch cord clasp could be the solution for tangle free headphone cables
- 2011-07-20: World's strongest magnet is 500,000 times stronger than Earth's magnetic field
- 2011-01-19: Germans develop a remote-controlled stomach submarine