If two processing cores aren’t enough for you, there’s good news as Marvell is planning a new chip that could bring a significant speed boost for smartphones and tablet devices. Reports indicate that the Armada 628 will have three cores and will be able to reduce power consumption by reducing the workload, not to mention using the third core to juggle data between the first two, acting as a traffic controller. The chip is already believed to be in the process of testing by lead customers and could appear in devices as early as 2011. It’s also worth mentioning that the mobile operating systems won’t use 100 percent of the CPU power, so if application developers out there start to write applications that take advantage of the multiple cores we should be seeing an improvement in terms of performance.
- 2014-03-13: CUBESTORMER 3 Intends To Solve Rubik’s Cube
- 2013-11-19: 'Senior ARM Official' Confirms Samsung's 64-Bit Exynos Processor Debuts In 2014
- 2013-10-29: ARM Mali-T760: ARM’s New Top GPU
- 2013-07-09: 3GHz ARM Processors Might Arrive In 2014
- 2013-01-17: What Is ARM big.LITTLE?
- 2009-08-12: Marvell's Plug Computing expands with no end in sight
- 2010-01-05: Marvell Plug Computer 3.0