There is something about conceptual designs that let the imagination go wild, but this one from Mercedes-Benz is pretty down to earth with their latest pickup concept that will come with DualX E-Drive drive solution, turning it into a plug-in and full-hybrid vehicle, running on an all-wheel drive system. A 70 kW electric motor will power it, where it can hit a top speed of 130km/h while boasting a range of approximately 300 km. The rather unconventional “Solar Top” will be able to generate enough juice to power a handful of electronics such as air-conditioning, although it isn’t enough to keep the car running. You can choose from an eco mode, 4range for long range economical driving as well as 4dynamic for exhausting your batteries quickly, but you do get all-wheel drive performance in the process. How long will it take to move from concept to reality? We don’t really know, but we can keep our fingers crossed.
Next Story: HP could have let PalmPad name slip
- 2013-06-03 Gigabyte BRIX Mini PC Prototypes Shown Off
- 2013-05-15 Erick Tseng Envisioned Electric Display Wrapped Around Phone
- 2013-04-08 Renault Concept Car Boasts Of Neon LED Cocoon
- 2013-04-03 Meet Pars, The Aerial Rescue Robot
- 2013-04-03 Phinergy Air Car Concept
- 2011-09-30 Nissan mobility concept ready to land in Japan
- 2011-09-12 Mercedes Benz F 125 gullwing coupe concept to debut this week?
- 2011-04-07 Mercedes-Benz Concept A-class seemingly hails from the future
- 2011-02-17 MET concept vehicle makes horizontal parking look all too easy
- 2011-02-13 Mercedes Benz ELA concept car of the future