At an Oracle-hosted conference in San Francisco, California, Dell CEO Michael Dell coyly shows off a 7-inch Dell tablet, a larger version of its 5-inch Streak which had just recently been available for retail sale this late summer through Dell’s website. The 7-inch tablet was previously rumored as the Looking Glass. Although the tablet was unveiled, Dell did not give any specifications nor details about the device.
Additionally, Dell also announced that its 5-inch Dell Streak tablet will be made available at Best Buy retail stores soon, giving the device retail presence outside of Dell’s online Web store. Though consumer sales of the Streak has been mild as consumers haven’t been able to preview the device thus far at a store before purchasing and the device has been hampered by a dated operating system that will get an upgrade to Android 2.2 Froyo later this year, the Streak can serve to help Dell in vertical markets, particularly the medical IT segment that is heavily regulated.
Next Story: Hasselblad H4D-31 camera gets Ferrari branding
- 2014-01-07: Samsung Galaxy Note Pro and Galaxy Tab Pro Series – hands-on review
- 2013-12-10: HP EliteBook Revolve G2
- 2013-12-10: Quark A Kickstarter Project That Help Kids Learn Via Fun
- 2013-12-06: No Glasses 3D Tablet Makes 3D Viewing More Convenient
- 2013-09-06: LG G Pad: Hands On Review
- 2011-07-28: Dell Streak 10 Pro shown off in photograph
- 2011-04-06: Dell Streak 10" arriving in June?
- 2011-01-20: T-Mobile Dell Streak 7 Android tablet to cost $330?
- 2010-08-10: Dell Streak sells for $299 on contract and $549.99 unlocked
- 2010-09-29: Dell's Upcoming Tablet Ambitions Unveiled