Having trouble with your electricity bill? Perhaps it’s because you’re doing your chores when the electricity rates are too high. Miele has a washing machine and tumbler dryer on show at the IFA 2010 that might go some ways to helping you solve your issue. These electrical devices are smart enough to function automatically when the electricity supply is the cheapest. This is possible as they’re fitted with Miele’s gateway communication module, which provides access to the appliance through a PC and also monitors electricity rates. You’ll have to program it according to the electricity tariff rates, and once everything has been set, it’ll go about its chores at the right time.
Next Story: LED Suit Controlled By Your iPhone
- 2014-02-25: PPlanter Public Urinal Goes Green
- 2012-09-20: ‘Edible’ electronics from silk lasers could be the future
- 2011-09-19: Electricity that stimulates brain increases learning speed
- 2011-08-04: Nissan LEAF batteries power Japanese home for two days
- 2011-07-20: Ships to harvest power from waves
- 2011-06-22: Green electricity coming your way?
- 2011-05-24: Bacteria help enlisted to generate electricity