Minox wants to make a splash at Photokina which will be happening next week, and the ace up their sleeve? The PX3D camera which is touted to capture images in stereoscopic 3D in a manner that can be viewed without the need for special glasses. Does that mean it will use the same display from Sharp that will see action in the upcoming Nintendo 3DS? If not, then it might involve the use of either a digital frame of sorts or lenticular prints. Still, you can more or less expect the PX3D to come with a couple of lenses in the same vein as the Fujifilm Finepix Real 3D W3. Don’t be surprised if this camera comes curvy enough as it was touted to be designed by Volkswagen’s design arm. Time to rev up our appetites for more 3D goodness in due time!
- 2011-11-21: Vivitar unveils affordable 3D camera and video recorder
- 2011-11-07: Panasonic Lumix 3D1 jumps aboard the 3D bandwagon
- 2011-10-03: Microsoft patent uses 3D camera to determine user's age
- 2011-09-06: Panasonic 3D camera lens developed
- 2011-09-01: Panasonic LUMIX twin-lens 3D digital camera to roll out in 2011