Netflix CEO Reed Hastings has posted on the company’s blog that they are “looking at adding a streaming-only option for the USA over the coming months.” Unfortunately for us, there were no further details revealed concerning pricing information, but if one follows the dictation of logic, it should be parallel to Canada’s streaming-only plan that stands at $7.99 monthly. The debate of whether customers want physical media or not rages on, and for an additional dollar monthly (that works out to what, 3 cents per day?), would you prefer to take the step of eschewing physical discs and rely on pure streaming goodness? One would say it saves a whole lot on postage if the volume of subscribers is large enough, not to mention reducing the carbon footprint for Netflix on the whole.
- 2014-04-14: Netflix Speeds On Comcast See Massive Improvement
- 2014-04-08: Amazon Says Instant Video Has Surpassed Hulu And Apple
- 2014-04-08: Netflix 4K Streaming House Of Cards Kicks Off
- 2014-04-02: Hulu Looks To Cash In On The Binge Watching Frenzy
- 2014-04-02: Netflix Launch In France Might Hinge On A Technicality
- 2011-05-17: Netflix is doing its job to reduce piracy in North America