The newly shipping Apple TV has just received its tear down from iFixit, revealing the device’s specs and innards. It looks like the guts of Apple TV share a lot in common with other iOS devices, including the iPhone and iPad. The new Apple TV has 8 GB of NAND flash memory on board, 256 MB of RAM (same as iPad), the same Apple A4 processor that’s on the iPad and iPhone, and the same Broadcom chip on the phone and tablet that provides Bluetooth, FM, and WiFi b/g/n capabilities. There’s also a little space on the logic board that should accommodate a dock connector as well.
- 2014-04-13: Possible iPhone 6 Production Tools And Schematics Spotted [Rumor]
- 2014-04-13: Apple Might Consider NFC For Next Generation iPhone
- 2014-04-11: Leaked iPhone Cases Reveal New Button Cut Outs
- 2014-04-10: Analyst: iPhone 6 Sleep/Wake Button Could Be Relocated
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Recent Broadcom Hires Corroborates In-House Baseband Rumors
- 2012-01-16: Gucci covers for your iPhone and iPad
- 2011-12-02: Tetris for iOS re-released
- 2011-02-01: 3rd iOS SDK 4.3 beta to be seeded today?