Amazon’s recent Kindle ad highlights the benefits of reading with e-ink technology under direct sunlight while taking aim at Apple’s iPad, which functions as both an electronic book reader and a multi-function device offering games, browsing, music listening, and entertainment capabilities. Though Amazon has been careful to give Kindle a singular focus on reading, the new ad does show that Amazon is recognizing that the Kindle and iPad may be closer competitors than what the company had previously let on. Additionally, although Amazon makes the Kindle hardware, the company also offers the Kindle software on other hardware platforms, including the iPad, to make the e-reading experience seamless as other manufacturer’s devices could sync with the Kindle store. The tone of the ad focuses both on e-ink’s readability under sunlight, unlike Apple’s reflective LCD screen, and also on the device’s low price. The ad had already aired on ABC.RELATED
- Microsoft's New Temporary CEO Expected To Be Kevin Turner [Report]
- R2-D2 With Built-In Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 Now Available For $800
- Sony EyePad Patent Filed
- Angry Birds Cartoon Series Coming In Spring, Says Rovio
- Wedding Entertainment System - wedding invitation like a boss!
- Follow: Amazon, Apple Inc, digital book, digital reader, e-book, e-ink, e-reader, iPad, kindle,
- Seen at: electronista