A Japanese research group has prototyped an interesting gaming system that combines a pico projector and image recognition technologies. This prototype allows a character to be projected against an image, allowing the user to control the character by moving the device. Interestingly enough, the character will be able to respond to the objects that it’s projected against, thanks to image recognition. So when the user moves the device horizontally against a flat line, the character will just move along accordingly and if you make it jump when under the picture of something, it’ll bump into the object above (think: Super Mario Bros). It’s a really cool concept, and perhaps in the future all our mobile phones will pack pico projectors and such innovative games.RELATED
- Nearly A Third Of Evernote's Revenue Comes From Its Store
- Mystery Google Barges On A 'Hiatus'
- Google Open Gallery Paves The Way For Online Exhibitions
- LG Reveals Men Can’t Multitask Video
- Nokia Offers Indian Authorities $369 Million To Unfreeze Its Assets
- Follow: pico projector, projector,
- Seen at: techon.nikkeibp.co.jp