The NewerTech Guardian MAXimus mini is special since it delivers a portable RAID setup that will definitely keep folks who are running on a limited desk space happy. Tipping the scales at just 1.5 pounds, this RAID storage package is a wee bit larger than a single 3.5-inch hard drive, making it all the more appealing. Boasting a brushed aluminum fanless chassis, it will hook up via eSATA, USB 2.0 as well as both FireWire 800 and 400 in capacities of up to 1.5TB. Pricing starts from $250 upwards for a pair of 500GB, 5400RPM drives, although those who have a budget to bust can go for broke with the dual 400GB SSD setup that will set you back by a whopping $3,300. At that price point, we would have expected USB 3.0 connectivity at the very least, eh?
- 2014-04-07 Intel 730 SSD Review (480GB)
- 2011-10-25 Star Wars hard drive recycles VHS tapes
- 2011-10-13 Rumor: 5TB Seagate hard drives on their way
- 2011-10-12 Toshiba MK01GRRB/R series small form factor hard drive
- 2011-09-07 Hitachi crams 1TB into each platter
- 2011-07-20 Western Digital Scorpio Blue packs quite a punch
- 2010-12-21 SuperSpeed USB 3.0 drive to hit 400MB/s?
- 2010-03-03 Sonnet Fusion DP800P2 RAID system
- 2010-08-24 Buffalo Introduces New Extenal Hard Drives