Nikon aims to make a splash in the high-end compact camera segment with their latest Coolpix P7000 shooter, which will certainly draw comparisons with Canon’s G11 in the process. The megapixel count will be less compared to the Coolpix P6000 with a 10.1 megapixel CCD sensor, but it is capable of shooting at ISO 6400 sensitivity natively and 12,800 when you make full use of the f/2.8-5.6 7.1x VR zoom lens. Other hardware specifications include a three-inch LCD display, full manual controls for those who want to start getting more serious in digital photography, an optical viewfinder and accessory hot shoe, RAW support, as well as the capability to shoot video at 720p resolution in 24fps. Expect the Coolpix P7000 to come with the standard range of Coolpix automatic adjustments and modes as it hits the retail market this month for $499.99 a pop. Guess the P7000’s leaked image is spot on, eh? [Press Release]
Next Story: Nokia N8 to go on sale at the end of September
- 2014-04-17: Nikon 1 V3 Is Now Shipping
- 2014-04-10: Nikon 1 J4 Is Official
- 2014-04-10: Nikon Coolpix S810c Announced, Runs On Android
- 2014-04-09: Alleged Nikon 1 J4 Photo And Specs Leaked
- 2014-03-28: Nikon Issues Replacement Or Equivalent Model For D600 DSLR
- 2013-01-29: Nikon Coolpix AW110/AW110s Are Hardy Shooters
- 2009-08-04: Nikon Coolpix S1000pj projector camera, live photos, schematics
- 2010-07-27: Nikon Camera Announcements On The 17th And 19th Of August?
- 2010-08-09: Nikon Coolpix P7000 rumors abound
- 2010-09-07: Upcoming Nikon Coolpix P7000, S8100, And S80 Pictures Leaked?