Nokia’s range of high end smartphones might feature great hardware, but when it comes to software and operating system, the Finnish company has started to lose ground to upstarts like the iOS and Android platforms. Well, that doesn’t mean they are just going to sit there and get steamrolled over by the competition, eh? No sir, the company has already started work on a kind of stretchable electronic skin which are flexible, relying on evaporated gold as a conductor to deliver an electronic touchpad which can be stretched like a rubber band without sacrificing functionality. So far, tests have shown that it can be stretched by up to 20 per cent of its original length without suffering from any drop in performance. We can’t wait to see real world applications of such an electronic skin arrive, that’s for sure.
Next Story: Hulu Plus Also Coming to TiVo Premiere
- 2014-04-17: Lumia Icon Power Button Unresponsive After Windows Phone 8.1 Update
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 1020 Used To Document Underwater Diving Mission
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked