A hybrid car that can traverse land and sea is nothing new despite being the stuff of dreams at least half a century ago, but this concept takes things to a whole new level. The Opel Icona from Swedish designer Juan Pablo Bernal P. is a vehicle that is slated for a 2050 release, where it will be able to move on both land and water with equal efficiency. This V-shaped commuter vehicle will come with an aerodynamic body in order to ensure minimal air resistance, while running off natural sources of energy. Hmmm, 2050 sounds like an awfully long way off, and who are we to say that there won’t be any flying cars then instead? Perhaps Juan Pablo loves being conservative in thinking, although the designs aren’t.
Next Story: Smart Finger does the measurements for you
- 2013-06-03: Gigabyte BRIX Mini PC Prototypes Shown Off
- 2013-05-15: Erick Tseng Envisioned Electric Display Wrapped Around Phone
- 2013-04-08: Renault Concept Car Boasts Of Neon LED Cocoon
- 2013-04-03: Meet Pars, The Aerial Rescue Robot
- 2013-04-03: Phinergy Air Car Concept