Despite the rise of iOS and Google’s Android OS, there are still plenty of users out there who use a Windows Mobile device. Now Opera has released the improved Opera Mini 5.1 for Windows Mobile devices, offering better support for high resolution displays, accelerometer, and an option to set Opera Mini as the default browser. Opera Mini 5.1 is already up for download for Windows Mobile 2003 SE, Windows Mobile 5.x, and Windows Mobile 6.x devices and includes the following enhancements:
- Ability to set Opera Mini as default browser on the device.
- Support for g-sensor screen rotation on HTC and Samsung devices.
- Support for predictive input if the device supports it natively.
- Improved page layout on high-resolution screens.
- Improved kinetic scrolling.
- Alternative installer that works on Windows Mobile 2003 Pocket PC devices.
- Text input works on many more devices
- A host of bug fixes in Opera Mini browser core for stability and rendering accuracy.