Forget about the impact that tablets like Apple’s iPad is having on the netbook industry; chipmaker Qualcomm is saying that the emerging consumer tablet industry is killing off the smartbook market, highlighted by hopeful devices such as the Lenovo Skylight and the released Toshiba AC100 and HP Compaq Airlife.
Qualcomm CEO Paul Jacobs says that tablets are now fulfilling the always-on, always connected purpose that smartbooks would fulfill. Additionally, tablets are also gaining battery life and features, such as Adobe Flash 10.1 with Android 2.2 Froyo.
Next Story: Online Behaviour Shows Double Standard in Ethics
- 2014-01-07: Samsung Galaxy Note Pro and Galaxy Tab Pro Series – hands-on review
- 2013-12-10: HP EliteBook Revolve G2
- 2013-12-10: Quark A Kickstarter Project That Help Kids Learn Via Fun
- 2013-12-06: No Glasses 3D Tablet Makes 3D Viewing More Convenient
- 2013-09-06: LG G Pad: Hands On Review
- 2010-01-03: Freescale Smartbook Tablet