Trekkies would definitely love to have a Communicator in their hands, living out the intergalactic lifestyle. Well, Nokia did come up with a Nokia Star Trek Communicator some time ago, but too bad for the masses, this has remained a prototype with no plans of pushing it to the final frontier of being an actual consumer device. Also known as the “Starfleet Communicator” by certain quarters, there are only 14 of these constructed by Nokia, where they were built to simulate the iconic voice communication devices of the original TV series. The hardware itself isn’t that exciting since we’re talking about a now ancient N76 with an external LCD display and a trifecta of lights on its front. Just in case you were wondering, yes, it is an actual working phone, but you can’t call anyone on the other side of the galaxy.
- Qualcomm Keynote @ Uplinq 2011
- T-Mobile Will Ride HSPA+ to 672Mbps. Possibly Beyond
- Sony Ericsson revamps strategy, will release new models but stop software support, says Eldar Murtazin
- iPhone 3GS won't be upgraded to iOS 5.x, says Eldar Murtazin
- Google I/O 2011 wrap-up
- Follow: Nokia, prototype, star trek,
- Seen at: trekmovie