Trekkies would definitely love to have a Communicator in their hands, living out the intergalactic lifestyle. Well, Nokia did come up with a Nokia Star Trek Communicator some time ago, but too bad for the masses, this has remained a prototype with no plans of pushing it to the final frontier of being an actual consumer device. Also known as the “Starfleet Communicator” by certain quarters, there are only 14 of these constructed by Nokia, where they were built to simulate the iconic voice communication devices of the original TV series. The hardware itself isn’t that exciting since we’re talking about a now ancient N76 with an external LCD display and a trifecta of lights on its front. Just in case you were wondering, yes, it is an actual working phone, but you can’t call anyone on the other side of the galaxy.
Next Story: Microsoft Metro Mouse spotted
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2014-04-10: Only PureView And High-End Nokia Handsets To Get Dedicated Camera Button [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2012-10-10: Nokia “Facehugger” face sensor is something right out of Giger’s imagination
- 2011-10-26: Nokia demonstrates flexible user interface prototype at Nokia World
- 2010-07-23: Nokia Kinetic concept now a prototype
- 2010-11-30: Nokia N00 Prototype C Up For Auction On eBay, Possibly N87?