It was previously speculated that the BlackBerry tablet, possibly dubbed the BlackPad, will be announced sometime this year and latest reports hint at the possibility of the device, and the operating system that powers it, being announced at DevCon in San Francisco next week at their BlackBerry Developer Conference. In case you missed the earlier reports, the BlackPad will be running an OS built by QNX, a company which RIM acquired earlier this year. The new OS could even be used to power future BlackBerry smartphones, giving RIM a chance to begin anew and ditch their aging operating system. Will the BlackPad and a newly-developed mobile OS be enough to help RIM compete against the iPhone and Android-powered devices?
- The Willow Bar In San Francisco Bar Bans Google Glass
- Fitbit Working With Government Agency To Resolve Fitbit Force Skin Irritations
- First Sign Hair Clip Could Help Deter Violent Crime Against Women
- Samsung Galaxy Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo, Gear Fit Pricing Revealed [Rumor]
- Are Hoverboards Real? This Video Wants Us To Think So!