Samsung’s 50-inch 3D plasma screen television set will be sold at Best Buy for under $1,000, making it the first time that a 3D plasma has dipped below $1K in the U.S. The TV, model PN50C490B3D, will go for $990 at the electronics retailer and will offer 720p HD resolution, 600 Hz refresh rate, 2,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio, 3 HDMI inputs, 2 component inputs, one USB port, one VGA input, and one optical audio input.
The model’s asking price does not include 3D glasses, which can retail for up to $150 each. With the glasses and 3D movies, users can watch content in 3D, though the television is also capable of displaying and viewing 2D content. There also isn’t any wireless built in.
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2014-04-23 Samsung's Bundled Android Apps Aren't Getting Much Love [Study]
- 2014-04-22 Samsung SM-T2588 Is An Unknown 7-Inch Device
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Galaxy Note Pro Gets FCC Approval
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Stops Selling Paid Applications Through Smart TVs
- 2011-03-16 Samsung launches 2 new sexy 3D HDTV monitors
- 2011-01-05 Samsung LED 8000 Series: 240Hz 3D LED TV with Touch Control TV Remote
- 2010-08-11 Samsung Introduces A 65-inch 3D LED HDTV And Some 3D Plasma Displays