Samsung’s 50-inch 3D plasma screen television set will be sold at Best Buy for under $1,000, making it the first time that a 3D plasma has dipped below $1K in the U.S. The TV, model PN50C490B3D, will go for $990 at the electronics retailer and will offer 720p HD resolution, 600 Hz refresh rate, 2,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio, 3 HDMI inputs, 2 component inputs, one USB port, one VGA input, and one optical audio input.
The model’s asking price does not include 3D glasses, which can retail for up to $150 each. With the glasses and 3D movies, users can watch content in 3D, though the television is also capable of displaying and viewing 2D content. There also isn’t any wireless built in.
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Shows Off Curved Batteries Used In The Gear Fit
- 2014-04-16: High-End Samsung Tizen Device To Arrive By End Of Q2 2014
- 2014-04-15: Know Your Samsung Gear Compatibility
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 4K UHD Footage Recorded
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2011-03-16: Samsung launches 2 new sexy 3D HDTV monitors
- 2011-01-05: Samsung LED 8000 Series: 240Hz 3D LED TV with Touch Control TV Remote
- 2010-08-11: Samsung Introduces A 65-inch 3D LED HDTV And Some 3D Plasma Displays